1. What is the overall theme – color or synesthesia? (If synesthesia, what senses are you addressing?)
The affect of sound on the human brain. Making a song instrumental to an art piece.
2. What Ways of Knowing are you addressing besides Sense Perception? (Reasoning? Emotion? Language?)
Emotion based on how the song drives your choice of which art piece they think it is.
3. To what Areas of Knowledge does your project relate? (Arts, Psychology/Human Sciences, Maths, Natural Sciences, Ethics, History?)
Arts, specifically music.
4. What is it exactly, you plan to do and/or investigate?
How music affects the audience accompanied with an art piece that it is based on.
5. What is your driving question? (should be open-ended, perhaps starting with “How do we know” or “To what extent”)
To what extent do people correlate art with music.
6. How is your project inherently about knowledge/knowing?
It is about the understanding of certain versions of music. And how people can relate visual expression, to auditory expression.
7. What materials will you need?
A mac computer, and a key-board.
8. Who could assist you / mentor you on this project?
Ms. Louie, possibly Ms. Manso.
9. How will you present the project to the class?
With showing two pieces of art, and playing my song. The challenge is to relate the song to the piece of art it is based off of.
10. Projects are due the Cycle of March 1 – how do you plan to manage the time for this task?
We get time in music to compose so I would dedicate that time to the project. I would also use my own macbook so that i would always have access to it.